THE DATA LAB PROJECT AWARDS: 2019
The Data Lab is delighted to announce the student placement/project competition is now open.
We are looking to discover success stories from The Data Lab MSc students who are undertaking an industrial placement or are involved in an academic project.
Closing Date: 20 August 2019
HOW TO ENTER
How to enter the competition
You will have to create a video together with your Industry / Academic Supervisor that highlights what you have gained from your recent work or academic experience. We are looking for entries that inform others about the value of work and research experience, clearly express the impact for Scotland and present achievements and success.
The length of the video should be between 1-2 minutes and one of your supervisors must be in the video. Below are some suggested topics (you can choose one of these or come up with your own idea):
· A day in the life of a Data Scientist (work / academic perspective)
· Data science challenges (what were they and how did you overcome them?)
· The multiple facets of data science / a data scientist role
Once you are done, upload your video to YouTube and send us a link to email@example.com by 20th August 2019.
* By entering the competition you agree for your video to be used by The Data Lab for promotional purposes.
What is the prize?
The winner will get The Data Lab Trophy, a career support package including a full ticket to Data Summit 2020 and vouchers towards training plus Personal Coaching delivered by a highly experienced Personal Brand Coach at MBN.
The judges are seeking entries which:
- Clearly articulate the Impact for Scotland
Have any questions about the competition? Don't be afraid to reach out to us!